Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Awesome book reviews!!!!!!

This book is called "The Tail of Emily Windsnap" by Liz Kessler. This is the first book in the Emily Windsnap series. If you like fantasy books, then this one in for you. "The Tail of Emily Windsnap" is about a girl named Emily who has never been in water before. Her mom wouldn't ever let her. Until one day, in seventh grade, Emily figures out why her mom never let her get in the water. I think the Emily Windsnap book was very entertaining. It is 209 pages long, and I read it in about a week. I enjoyed it so much and now I'm on to reading the second book called "Emily Windsnap and the Monster From the Deep." I'd give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.
This next book is called "The Tangled Web" by Kathryn Reiss. This is just one of the many books in the mysteries from American Girl. If you like mystery books, then this one is for you. "The Tangled Web" is about Julie Albright. She's in the 5th Grade and a new girl named Carla Warner joins her class. Julie really like her and envys her for having a dog, huge house and many, many brothers and sisters when Julie lives in a small apartment, no dogs and one crabby sister. But then Julie finds out the truth about Carla, can she ever trust her again? I think this book was very suspenseful; I couldn't put it down! It's 148 pages long and I read it in about a day. I'd rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

This book is called "Midnight in Lonesome Hollow" by Kathleen Ernst. It is an American Girl mystery. Again, if you like mysteries, this is for you. "Midnight in Lonesome Hollow" is about Kit and she's visiting Kentucky. There is a lady in the book called Lucy Vanderpool and she takes pictures of the people's baskets in Kentucky. Kit feels that she is a "outsider" and is not very welcome in Lonesome Hollow. For me, this book was a very slow read. I didn't really enjoy it very much. The first half of the book was pretty boring, but once I got into the second half, I started liking it a little bit more. I'd give this book 2.5 out of 5 stars.


This last book is called "Mini Mysteries 3" by Rick Walton. Again, if you like mysteries this is for you. There are 20 mini mysteries in this book, but it doesn't make it any less suspenseful! There are 80 pages in the book withan answer key in the back. I love all the mini mysteries books and I really, REALLY want American Girl to make more!!!!!!!!! I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars!
I will now start doing "Awesome book reviews!" I'll try and update my "Awesome book reviews" as often as I can. Have you read any of these books? Have you read some books by the same author or the same series? Comment and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. i agree with you completely about kit's mystery! her other mysteries are really good. have you read them?
    i love the theaf in the theater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have read one of her other mysteries. I have read "Danger At The Zoo" and I loved it! The picture on the front of "The Thief in the Theater" is very interesting looking and I might buy it this summer.

    ReplyDelete